Visual Encyclopedia

Cupcake

More posts about this topic

Ad

Gigi's Cupcakes is a bakery primarily in the south (for now). They are VERY generous with their cupcake toppings :9 The icing is a little much for me, but they are a very popular when it comes to catering!

Contributed by Taylor Jackson

A delicious recipe for dark chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting!

Contributed by Kashaf Nadeem

Need a way to take extra cupcakes home from a party? Most likely there will be plastic cups there, so just put it in a cup! EASY!

Contributed by Jennifer Dinh

There are times when I make cupcakes for people, and I don't know how to get my precious cupcakes safely to them. Store your cupcakes by cutting X's into a gift box, and VOILA! A perfect little way to send your treats safely. :)

Contributed by Jennifer Dinh

hello kitty cupcakes

Contributed by Bria James

Don't have enough time to make icing and/or ice your cupcakes put a marshmallow and top towards the end of baking time instant marshmallow creme icing!

Contributed by Sydney M. Davis

Words of wisdom

Contributed by Kaileigh Nicklas

For the cupcakes, I baked Hershey’s perfectly chocolate cupcake recipe (my fav). But you can swap this out for your favorite recipe or just simply use a milk chocolate cake mix. But let’s talk about how to make that yummy orange swirl of Butterfingers icing goodness :). Butterfinger icing here’s what your going to need: Six full size butterfingers (plus some to cut up on top if you would like) 1 stick butter 1/2 cup peanut butter 1 cup powdered sugar 2-4 TBS milk Step 1: Unwrap your candy bars. Step 2: Using a vegetable peelers, scrap the chocolate off the bars into a bowl, you will use the crumbles later on. Step 3: Finely crush the butterfingers., in a blender if possible, or placing them in a ziplock bag and rolling over with a rolling pin would work. Set aside. Step 4: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until soft and creamy. Then add in peanut butter, mix until combined well. Step 5: Dump in the butterfingers crumbs. Mix until fully combined. Step 6: Slowly mix in powdered sugar. Step 7: Once all is mixed well and desired color is achieved add in 1 TBS of milk until you have reached the desired consistency. I used 2 in my icing, as always I like mine to be a bit stiff to hold up to my pipping habits! :) Now that you’ve got your icing grab some cupcakes! After you’ve pipped on your icing hold the cupcake over your chocolate scrap bowl and load it up! Then top with chunks of Butterfinger bars if you would like! TIP: When cutting butterfingers bars lay the knife across the bar then firmly and quickly press down. If you try to slowly cut the bar..it’s going to crumble into pieces. :) (Source: makebakecelebrate.com )

Contributed by Kaileigh Nicklas

Caramel Frappuccino Cupcakes For the Cupcakes (makes 24 cupcakes): Recipe heavily adapted from Apartment Therapy's The Kitchn 3/4 cup whole or low-fat milk 1/4 cup sour cream 3 heaping teaspoons instant coffee 1 tbsp vanilla 3 cups cake flour 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoons very finely ground coffee 2 teaspoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder 3/4 cup butter at room temperature 1 1/2 cup white sugar 4 eggs, yolks and whites separated Heat the milk in the microwave or on the stove until hot - stop short of a simmer. Stir in the instant coffee until well blended. Add the vanilla and set aside. Sift together the cake flour, baking powder, soda, salt, ground coffee and cocoa. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar with the paddle attachment until creamed. It should be slightly fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks one at a time. Add 2/3 of the flour mixture and the sour cream. Add the remaining flour mixture and milk. Beat until smooth. Scrape all the batter out into a separate bowl and wash the mixer bowl thoroughly. Switch to the whisk attachment and beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. They will hold a stiff peak but they will still slip around a little in the bowl. Fold the egg whites into the cake batter gently, folding the batter around until well combined. Fill cupcake liners with batter and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes (they baked up surprisingly fast). For the Coffee Mousse (Recipe from Epicurious) 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar 6 large egg yolks 1/3 cup water 3 tablespoons instant espresso powder 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 2 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur 1 teaspoon vanilla extract NOTE: I cut the above recipe in half by eyeballing it (a lot of the measurements don't make for an easy division). I also used Starbucks Via Instant Coffee instead of instant espresso and cut out the nutmeg. Whisk sugar, yolks, water and espresso powder in large metal bowl. Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water (do not allow bowl to touch water); whisk until candy thermometer registers 160°F, about 3 minutes. Remove bowl from over water. Add nutmeg. Using electric mixer, beat egg mixture until cool and thick, about 5 minutes. Beat cream, liqueur and vanilla in another large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold cream mixture into egg mixture. Homemade Caramel Sauce (caramel recipe courtesy of Giver's Log) Tools/Equipment: 3-4 quart saucepan candy thermometer Ingredients: 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) 2 1/4 cups brown sugar 1 cup light corn syrup 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk 1 tsp vanilla extract Cut butter into evenly sized cubes and melt over low heat in large 3-4 quart saucepan. Once butter is fully melted, add brown sugar, being careful to avoid the sides of the pan. If any stray sugar crystals fall onto side of pan, carefully brush off with a wet pastry brush. Once butter and sugar are fully combined, add corn syrup and condensed milk. Clip on candy thermometer to side of pan. Cook mixture on low heat (still continually stirring) for about a minute or two. Increase heat to medium and continue to cook/ stir until mixture reaches 225 degrees. Once the mixture is removed from heat, stir in vanilla extract. NOTE: If caramel is too thick, simply reheat and add in some heavy cream until combined. Swiss Meringue Buttercream: 1 cup sugar 4 egg whites 3 sticks unsalted butter (at room temperature) 1 tbsp vanilla extract Heat sugar, egg whites, and salt in a heatproof mixer bowl set over a pan of simmering water, whisking until sugar dissolves and mixture registers 160 degrees on a candy thermometer. Return bowl to mixer, and whisk, gradually increasing speed from low to medium-high, until stiff, glossy peaks form, about 10 minutes. Reduce speed to medium. Add butter, a few pieces at a time, whisking well after each addition. Whisk in vanilla. Switch to a paddle attachment and beat until air bubbles are gone, 2 to 3 minutes more. Source: pixiecrust.blogspot.com

Contributed by Kandi Smith

Salted Caramel Mocha Brownie Cups Chocolate brownies filled with caramel Hershey kisses and topped with a salted caramel butter cream. Yield: 15 brownie cups INGREDIENTS For the Brownies 1 brownie mix (for a 9x13 pan) 2 Tbsp. instant coffee 1/4 c. hot water 1/2 c. oil 3 eggs 15 caramel kisses For the Buttercream 1 c. butter 1/2 tsp. vanilla 1/2 c. caramel ice cream topping 1 tsp. sea salt 4 1/2 c. powdered sugar 1 tsp. milk INSTRUCTIONS For the Brownies Preheat oven to 350*. Dissolve the coffee in the water. Mix the brownie mix, coffee water, oil and eggs until just moistened. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 - 3/4 full. Bake 22-24 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs on it. Cool in the pan for 3 minutes, then press a caramel kiss into the center point first. Cool 5 more minutes. Carefully remove to a wire rack and cool completely. Frost with Salted Caramel Butter Cream. Drizzle with extra caramel and sprinkle with more salt. Makes 15 brownie cups. For the Buttercream Stir the sea salt into the caramel topping and set aside. Cream the butter and vanilla for 3 -4 minutes. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar. It will be very thick. Pour in the caramel and milk and beat again. Source: insidebrucrewlife.com

Contributed by Kandi Smith