Visual Encyclopedia

Crochet

More posts about this topic

Ad

Jessica Polka is trying to figure out ways to represent protein structures in crochet. This example is a ribbon diagram of lysozyme. I always love when math and/ or science are represented through crochet.

Contributed by Kathryn Vercillo

Crochet Pillow

This crochet pillow / cushion has stripes on one side and harlequin diamonds on the other. So bold. Love it. The stripes are actually knit but the other side is crocheted.

Crochet Art

New work from mixed media and crochet artist Joana Vasconcelos. This amazing artist has had crochet work in a number of prestigious places. This one is part of her upcoming solo show. It's crochet over ceramic.

This is a free crochet dress pattern on the Make It Coats craft site, a relatively new free site with free patterns and inspiration. It's called the Helen Dress and was designed by Marie Wallin. I like how it has the openwork length part of the skirt with a more closed texture for the parts that need covering!

Circle of Love Afghan

The Circle of Love Afghan tells a love story in the stitches. Moments of clarity, bursts of brightness, a deep ombre of feeling, and an oversized ruffle to share. And it always comes around again, if you stick with it. And it’s just in time for Valentine’s Day!

Contributed by Tamara Kelly

"Crochet Wraps Every Which Way" - Review and Giveaway!

Read my review and enter to win your own copy of this hot new crochet book!

Meet Tammy Hildebrand, author of "Crochet Wraps Every Which Way"

Tammy Hildebrand is an extremely well known crochet designer and author, as well as the Vice President of the Crochet Guild of American (CGOA). I’ve been admiring her patterns ever since I started crocheting, and I’m so excited to have gotten to interview her today! Tomorrow I’ll be reviewing her latest book, Crochet Wraps Every Which Way – and doing a giveaway where you can win your own copy! – but first, read what the lovely Tammy has to say about her new book, designing, and more! Read more at www.mooglyblog.com

Free Crochet Unicorn Patterns!

Unicorns, magical unicorns! Read more at www.mooglyblog.com

Granny Squares with Hearts form the basis for these cute crochet house slippers.

Crochet Shawl

I love the colors that Coco Rose Diaries used in her version of the Nordic Crochet Shawl pattern designed by My Rose Valley