More posts about this topic

Ad

Gummy Bear Blanket!

Contributed by Alicia Kimberly Hauskins

I love this crochet motif blanket Little Woolie is working on

Contributed by Kathryn Vercillo

Detail of pineapple crochet pattern via CrochetKitten

The beautiful math that links coral, crochet and hyperbolic geometry: Margaret Wertheim on TED.com

Contributed by Kaywin Cottle

Crochet and math? Yeah, and it's pretty darn cool. (Punny right?)

Contributed by Kaywin Cottle

A plethora of knitting and crocheting patterns to make a uterus! The article was originally written to encourage knitters/crocheters to send a uterus to congressmen who vote against reproductive rights. Feminism AND crafts!

Contributed by Killian Cat-rah Ross

Check out these itty bitty crocheted animals! On average these cuties are only 1/4 of an inch :) The animals are made by a family in Vietnam and named after the youngest daughter, nicknamed Su Ami. Info courtesy of boredpanda.com www.boredpanda.com

Contributed by Taylor Jackson

Pauline Swanberg has been crocheting since her mother taught her when she was 6 or 7. She’ll be 84 in August. But, with the help of her friends and neighbors at Buckner Villas, she’s keeping up with her craft for a good cause. Swanberg and the other ladies in the group are working on holiday gifts for soldiers overseas. The crocheting project is part of Operation Gratitude. Over the past two years, they've made close to 1,000 scarves that went to Afghanistan and Iraq. They plan to do 500 more by September. All the work is done by hand. Learn more: austin.ynn.com

Kids love learning crochet: "Kaylee Foster, 9, of Duncan, was apprehensive about taking a crochet class. “I’ve never crocheted before and it’s very fun,” she said. “At first, I thought it would be boring but as I got into it, I thought it was cool.” Foster was one of six students of various ages taking on the challenge of crochet at the Chisholm Trail Heritage Center’s Crochet Summer Camp this week. Neva Kitsmiller, who was instructor, showed the students several basic skills and will spend the week helping them with their projects. “I taught at Fame Academy for five years and I love doing it,” Kitsmiller said. Foster said that it helped to have a great teacher like Kitsmiller." - See more at: duncanbanner.com

Did you see this kitten who was attached by a crow but rescued by a crocheter who put him in a little crochet mushroom outfit to prevent him from fighting taking in important nutrients?