Visual Encyclopedia

Crochet

More posts about this topic

Ad

Cute crochet shoes!

Contributed by Kathryn Vercillo

Clockface: Crochet Portraits/ Masks

This is new work from Jo Hamilton, one of my favorite crochet artists. It's in my recent roundup of the top 25 works of crochet art: www.crochetconcupiscence.com

Beautiful Desert-Inspired Crochet

Yarn Dharma calls this: "my orchid of the painted desert" Source: kinniccrochet.com

Crochet Pattern for Bangle Bracelets

The maker says: "Transform a metal or plastic bangle from cheap fashion jewellery to a stylish and unique accessory. The twisted design looks intricate but it’s a deceptively simple technique, so you can whip up an armful of bangles in next to no time. Crochet chunky bangles for a quick casual look or as perfect gifts for girls, or use finer bangles and crochet thread to make jewellery elegant enough for any occasion." Pattern by Planet June: www.planetjune.com

Crochet: Not Always Done With Yarn

This crochet piece is done in metal. It's one of the sculptures by artist Ruth Asawa. More info: www.crochetconcupiscence.com

Tapesty Crochet Heart Blanket

This shows how color can be fun in crochet work and explores the technique of Tapestry Crochet. Photo source: Amy Solovay. crochet.about.com

Picot Style Crochet Edging

The picot is a popular stitch for crochet edgings. About.com Crochet talks more about this one at crochet.about.com

Twinkie Chan's Crochet Granny Shawl

Twinkie says about her own pattern: I adore grannykitsch, and this shawl is definitely that! More info at blog.twinkiechan.com

Crochet Rope Rug

I love seeing the various items that people crochet for their homes. Sea Kettle Diaries shared this crochet rope rug. More info on the story behind it at seakettlediaries.blogspot.com

Connect the Shapes Crochet Motifs eBook Download

If you're like many crocheters, you love to stitch motifs but dread the process of joining them. But connecting one motif to another can be as exhilarating as stitching! Edie Eckman's guide to creative joining techniques shows how easy it is to combine multiples of a motif to form a whole new pattern, from lacy links to three-dimensional effects, swirls, radiants, and wheels. Read more and download the crochet ebook at ebookee.org