Visual Encyclopedia

Cosmetics

More posts about this topic

Ad

L'Oreal is the largest cosmetics company in the world. It began in 1909. Information courtesy of historyofcosmetics.net Photo courtesy of applemokoena.blogspot.com

Contributed by Taylor Jackson

In 18th century England, it was almost made law that a man could divorce his wife is she was caught without make up! Information courtesy of historyofcosmetics.net Photo courtesy of delamaracademy.co.uk www.delamaracademy.co.uk

Contributed by Taylor Jackson

The myth here is that drinking coffee takes away your glow in your skin. The truth is that drinking coffee doesnt really dehydrate you. drinking coffee can actually have some health benefits to it such as reducing the risk of heart failure and even skin cancer. It can lower the risk of a women getting depression. They say a healthy amount is 2 cup of coffee per day.

Contributed by Jessica Kieft

This next myth claims that preparation H will shrink the bags under your eyes. The truth is that phenylephrine which is the active ingredient in hemorrhoid cream actually causes blood vessels to constrict. its possible that it could depuff swollen eyes but there are also other ingredients such as mineral oil and this can irritate the thin skin around your eyes. a better option to reduce puffy eyes is to use a serum or gel that contains cooling ingredients like aloe vera or chamomile. you can also try an easy at home method by using a chilled spoon or cucumber slices placed under the eyes, this will shrink excess fluid under the eyes.

The myth: Sipping lots of water is the way to get dewy skin. The truth: it is important to stay hydrated and make sure you are getting plenty of water intake but this will not give your face a glow. if you want to acheive a dewy skin look then you will need to moisturize the surface. try looking for products that are hydrating and deeply penetrate the skin with ingredients like hyaluronic acid because it retains and attracts moisture. also you can do a weekly mask to help acheive the dewy look.

another beauty myth: greasy foods cause acne (this one I totally thought was true) Truth: Its not really the oil from the food as it is the carbs that can trigger breakouts. "The high glycemic index of sugary or starchy foods has been shown to contribute to blemishes."

I love reading the beauty Myths in magazines and I decided that I would share them with you all. The Myth: If you pluck one gray hair then two more will take its place. The truth: each follicle on a persons head can only produce one hair. but if you do this then the hair that grows back will be more dull and wiry.

The Myth about sunscreen: SPF 60 is twice as effective as SPF 30. The Truth: Its really on around 2% more effective. The higher the SPF then there is a slight fight against free-radical-producing rays in the summer. Even though it may be a higher SPF you still need to reapply it every 2 hours when outside.

Hey there ladies! I know a lot of you are probably curious about how to use make-up or if you should start to and even how to apply if to your face. All I want to let you know is that if your comfortable with you bare face, you should rock it. Do not give in to peer pressure. Also those who are curious on how to use it, stay tune because I will put some videos up on how to use make-up.

Contributed by Maria G Lopez

Looking to update your collection? Check out this video for some inspiration and tips!

Contributed by Julia Christine Chelar