Visual Encyclopedia

Cosmetics

More posts about this topic

Ad

A CrunchyBetty article troubleshooting why the D-I-Y, acne-removing oil cleansing method may not be working for you and how to adjust it to your specific skin type.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

A description of the oil cleansing method. It is a cheap, natural D-I-Y method that will combat acne and remove make-up.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

Too Face

Contributed by Jessica Kieft

This person has the best DIY skincare videos

I did a smokey silver and black look. I used: Bourjois eyeshow in 25 Argent Ulta eyeshadow in Iceland Revlon perle eyeshadow in Black Galaxy Revlon matte eyeshadow in Vintage Lace

Skincare Routine

I love lip products. I am a lip junkie. I have more lip products than any other kind of makeup in my collection. I mostly wear nude and lighter pink colors, but I have started reaching out into sheer reds and coral colors.

Problem: Acne leaving dark spots that last a long time. Solution: try a lightening serum that has peptides which will over time fade marks on the skin and make your skin be more even Product Suggestion: www.amazon.com... Problem: in the middle of the day makeup is sliding off the face. Solution: try layering an oil-absorbing treatment under the makeup. another method is using a good primer. Product Suggestion: www.amazon.com... Problem: Geting big sits in the same spot every month. Solution: this is probably because of that time of month that you are having your period. This is because of your hormones. treating this spot with benzoyl peroxide spot treatment weekly. so that it kills the bacteria before it pops up. its a good idea to use a prevention method. Product Suggestion: www.amazon.com... Problem: After washing the face there is still makeup left over around the eyes Solution: using regular face wash isnt going to be able to remove eyeliner and mascara. A good method is to try makeup wipes to remove the remaining makeup left over. Product Suggestion: www.amazon.com... Problem: after staying up late or being stressed the next morning you wake up with dark spots under the eyes Solution: try a vitamin C cream to lighten the under eye area. something that has reflective particles in it will also help. Product suggestion: www.amazon.com...

I have collected so many magazines through out the past year and I still continue to get a few monthly so I decided it was time to get rid of all the old ones. I decided to only keep the ones from this year. One of the articles I came across was some solutions to skin nightmares. I think this was from seventeen magazine. Problem: Have tons of blackheads Solution: A clay mask penetrates into the skin and cleans out excess oil and bacteria. it also exfoliates to open up pores and get rid of what is cloging pores. Product suggestion: www.ulta.com... Problem: After washing your face it becomes oily again. Solution: dont wash again! this will create more oil. use a toner after cleansing. salicylic acid in the toner will help control the oil. you can also use toner throughout the day when you become really oily just use a cotton ball. Product suggestion: www.amazon.com... Problem: SPF makes skin shinny and witty Solution: the trick is to look for sunscreen that says "lightweight", "oil-free", "oil-controling" Product Suggestion: www.amazon.com... Problem:after using cleanser my face feels like its burning Solution: this might mean you are using to much acne treatments. try using a gentle cleanser. it will do the same thing but be less harsh. Product Suggestion: www.amazon.com... Problem: Wanting the skin to glow but it looks dull instead Solution: your going to have to remove the layers of dead skin cells and dirt this will then show your natural glow. Try looking for products with alpha hydroxy or lactic acids which will be gentle exfoliates. Product Suggestion: www.amazon.com...

Painting the nails was an idea conceived in China. It was reserved for upper class women, and commoners would be executed if caught with colored nails. Information courtesy of historyofcosmetics.net Photo courtesy of smashleysparkles.com

Contributed by Taylor Jackson