Visual Encyclopedia

Cooking

More posts about this topic

Ad

Buy the Johnsonville Irish Sausages (the ones with a "wee bit o' garlic" in them) and bake them in the oven on 400° F for 45 minutes. Start boiling potatoes around the 20 minute mark and make mash potatoes. Also make onion gravy (I like the McCormick onion gravy packets best). Then serve the sausage with the mash potatoes and gravy and you have a traditional British meal!!

Contributed by Carylanne Joubert

Someone shared this on Facebook. I thought it was a great idea. How to make "brookies" (brownie/cookies). Simply put one scoop of cookie batter and one scoop of brownie batter together in a muffin pan. Genius. Why didn't I think of this?

Contributed by Bridget LaMonica

Chocolate Cream Pie! Food.com has this great, easy recipe for chocolate cream pie. In 10 super easy steps (and one of those steps is optional) you can make this delicious dessert for the whole family. Ingredients: 1 2/3 cups water 3 tablespoons cornstarch 5 tablespoons cocoa 1 (14 ounce) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk 3 egg yolks, beaten 2 tablespoons butter 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 (9 inch) baked pastry shells

French toast with the excuse of being somewhat healthy! Ingredients: 1 egg ½ cup skim milk ½ teaspoon vanilla extract Ground cinnamon Nonstick cooking spray ¼ tablespoon butter (optional), plus extra for serving 2 slices whole wheat bread *Syrup (optional) 1. Mix egg and milk together. You can add a bit of vanilla extract (really tasty in treats like pancakes and french toast). Mix well with fork. 2. Spray skillet with cooking spray and/or melt the butter in the pan. You can skip one or the other if you wish. 3. Dunk each side of the bread quickly in the egg/milk/vanilla mixture and fry on the pan.Takes about 3 minutes too cook. See the full recipe over at Seventeen.com here:www.seventeen.com *pancakes are also great with honey, powdered sugar, or Nutella! Try them out!

Clean and quick trick for hard-boiled eggs!

Contributed by Darcely Ramirez

Good luck to all of us home chefs.

Contributed by Keri Potter

The best way to cook spinach without it getting super soggy is to microwave it.

Contributed by Keri Potter

Cute and easy to make: Cut up hotdogs Pierce hotdog bits with pasta Cook in boiling water until pasta is desired firmness

Contributed by Ashleigh Linse

I love corn. I love corn a LOT. I love corn in the summer, I love corn in the fall. I love it steamed, grilled, boiled, broiled, or in a casserole. I'm like the Bubba Gump girl of corn. Anyway, it's a MAJOR pain to have to husk it. That silly silky stuff reproduces the second you start peeling it off the ear of corn, I swear it. In an effort to curtail the frustrating and time consuming task of husking corn, I started microwaving it. HEAR ME OUT! When you do it this way, it does NOT seem "microwaved". It doesn't get all wrinkly and dimply and gross. It comes out as if you steamed it. Did I mention that it only takes 4 minutes AND you just shake the corn out of the husk when it's done? Seriously. No hassle. No husking. No silk. My favorite kitchen tip, easily.

Contributed by Amy Barton