Visual Encyclopedia

College

More posts about this topic

Ad

"...I also want you to feel like you're not missing out on face to face time with me. Thus, since we do not have a final, I want to do something special for you. I will have be in class at our scheduled final time, namely Thursday December 11th from 1:20-3:50. I will be buying pizza for everyone who comes and we will feast." PIZZA. FOR EVERYONE. Ha, and they said college would be worse than high school

Contributed by Hanna Alzoubi

A plan of action in college is a hard thing to do as majors change, and decisions change overall. However, a broad spectrum of plans should be kept. The main goal, graduation. Then, the little ones. Money, food, housing, majors, minors and study habits. The distractions, such as dating, and partying and eating out, are simply distractions, and should be kept to an absolute minimal level. Keep this in mind throughout your career, as its so easy to be distracted from the path.

Contributed by James A. Struss

How to Plan for a Busy Week in College

College is on its way, so brushing up on how to plan for the grueling weeks ahead wouldn't be a bad idea.

Contributed by Hannah Robison

A Little Contest

Because my roommate was having difficulties going to classes that did not check attendance, we created a personalized tally sheet to keep ourselves accountable to our hall and have a little friendly competition!

Contributed by Ashley Nichole Morris

College is expensive...

Saving for college is hard... But every penny counts.

Contributed by Caitlyn Sosinsky

This is completely relevant for commuters at any school. And hilarious.

Contributed by Tori Griffin

14 Reasons Going To College In Florida Is Practically Heaven On Earth

Contributed by Violetta Gir

Registering for classes was a breeze, but then you walk into the financial aide office and the world starts burning up around you. How in the hell are you supposed to pay for tuition, books, and supplies when you can barely afford your regular daily expenses and bills? I do have some financial aide, but it does not cover all of my tuition or books. I have been up all night trying to think of ideas on how to raise the extra money. Here are a few things i've fount that might help someone else: 1) Grants 2) Scholarships 3) Extra Income from side jobs, selling things you dont need. 4) Asking for help from family members 5) Payment plans through your school or Nelnet. If anyone has any other ideas I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Contributed by Ashley Maher

Why should newlyweds and expecting parents monopolize gift registries? Now stores like Target and The Container Store are offering gift registries to college students. Soon, you'll be able to ask for a Tempurpedic mattress and Cuisinart esspresso maker :)

Contributed by Chuck Kao