Visual Encyclopedia

College

More posts about this topic

Ad

University of Oxford

Contributed by John Davilman

College

Contributed by Mallory Kraus

According to this article, the cost of college outweighs the benefits. Unless, of course, you get a scholarship and/or have savings.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

She is really awesome and helpful. She has some great videos too.

Contributed by Kara Snyder

Here is a funny, somewhat vulgar, but true video of the types of girls in college. Suggestion: Do not have intercourse with this many people though....

Contributed by Kara Snyder

The best advice I can give on this subject is to start early! Apply for every scholarship that you are eligible for, no matter how much time it takes! Use loans as a last resort, but do not wait too long. There's no better feeling throughout the pre-college experience than actually getting accepted to your dream school, but getting scholarships to help you pay for it is a very close second!

Contributed by Andrew Brunson

Newsweek article: How much influence does an ivy league education really have?

Contributed by Laura Renae Judy

For me, geting accepted to college was one of the happiest times of my life. It's so liberating to know that all of the hard work I had put in all throughout high school actually paid off for something meaningful for my life. Now, I know that I have to keep my focus and keep working hard in college so that I take advantage of the amazing opportunity I have been given.

Contributed by Danelle Huntington

High school may have specific challenges here and there, but for the most part several students are able to slide by each year by doing the minimum and still receive their diploma. This, however, is not the case in college. Every grade must be earned. You can't miss a week of class and expect to catch up in a single day. College is very fast paced and it is in each individual's best interest to make it to every class. Not only will your grades start to decline, but some professors will fail a student with poor attendance. It is also nearly impossible to do well on a test without putting much time toward studying unlike in highschool. In addition, colleges tend to be fairly expensive if not very expensive whereas most people do not have to pay a "tuition" for highschool. College is extremely different than highschool and should be taken very seriously by every student.

Contributed by Adrienne Feisel