Visual Encyclopedia

College

More posts about this topic

Ad

For all of you students who are struggling financially with the cost of your college education here are some tips from a third year college student; -Complete your FAFSA So many students I know have not applied for the FAFSA because they assume they will not be awarded money or because they don't know how. There is an instructional page online with how-to's and the form literally takes less than 5 minutes after you have your tax returns ready. The government has aided me up to 10,000 a year in grant aid, you can be an award recipient, too! -Apply for scholarships through the scholarship office at your university Before the deadline, make sure to submit your application for the scholarships your university has provided -Become friends with the faculty and staff in the department of your major Many times, the faculty and staff is given money for scholarships in your department to award students. If they know that you are dedicated to your degree and have built relationships with your professors, you will be even more likely to receive a scholarship through your university. -Work your bottom off to keep your GPA high and have extra curricular activities on your resume Many scholarships have a GPA requirement. This automatically weeds out competition, so keep your GPA at a competitive level. -Apply for scholarships on scholarship databases. I have spent countless hours applying for scholarships online. I still have not received one online, but that does not mean you won't. Don't give up, your future is what you make of it! You have the potential to graduate without thousands of dollars in debt!

Contributed by Paris Picard

For all of you students who are struggling financially with the cost of your college education here are some tips from a third year college student; -Complete your FAFSA So many students I know have not applied for the FAFSA because they assume they will not be awarded money or because they don't know how. There is an instructional page online with how-to's and the form literally takes less than 5 minutes after you have your tax returns ready. The government has aided me up to 10,000 a year in grant aid, you can be an awardee too! -Apply for scholarships through the scholarship office at your university

Contributed by Paris Picard

If you apply to Mercer University Online brfore November 1st you don't have to pay an application fee

Contributed by Alexus Gabriel Garrett

Admission isn't everything all colleges are the same once you get into them! It's all about how you make your experience great that makes your selection worth it!

Contributed by Mikey Witous

The Common App

This is seriously the best thing ever. Most colleges use this. Typically for applications, it takes forever trying to fill out your basic information over and over and over again. With this, the colleges that use this just use the info once and you're done with it! I have been able to use it to about 4 of the colleges I am applying to and it is SO helpful.

Contributed by Michaela Humby

Pegasus - UCF's academic mascot

Contributed by Chelsea Rae

UCF has the prettiest campus hands down.

Knight on!

Such great advice.

College Packing Checklist.