Best posts about this topicLoading . . .
Camp Ruston was one of the largest prisoner-of-war camps in the United States during World War II, with 4,315 prisoners at its peak in October 1943. Camp Ruston served as the "base camp" and had 8 smaller work branch camps associated to it. Camp Ruston included three large, separated compounds for POWs, a full, modern hospital compound, and a compound for the American personnel. One of the POW compounds, located in the far northwestern part of the camp was designated for officers. The officer's compound's barracks were constructed to house a lesser number of POWs affording more privacy and room for the officers. The enlisted men's barracks were designed to house a maximum 50 POWs in two rows of bunks that ran along each side. POW latrines were separate buildings located at the end of each compound.
No signin required
Sussle is the first, open visual encyclopedia. Anyone can use it.
It has beautiful images and viral videos that are way more fun than reading all the text in traditional encyclopedias.
Just click on the red module above.