More posts about this topic

Ad

LOVELY wedding cake make by Boss great job

Contributed by Mary Arellano Garza

My kind of cake! Yum!

Contributed by Angela Loomis

Lets eat...

Contributed by Daneille Black

The word 'cake' comes from the Middle English word 'kake' Information courtesy of blog.oxforddictionaries.com blog.oxforddictionaries.com Image courtesy of dreamstime.com thumbs.dreamstime.com

Contributed by Taylor Jackson

For all you Zelda fans.

Contributed by Nart Nerak

Birthday cake from Bahama Breeze.

Contributed by Dawn Skovronski

Chocolate Wasted Cake! artofdessert.blogspot.com

Contributed by Krista Williams

The Kit-Kat Cake www.madeinmelskitchen.com

Contributed by Krista Williams

This was an awesome picture of a Relay for Life cake that I found on Pinterest!! =] I love this cake! It inspires my desire to make my own cake to honor those who have had to deal with cancer.

Contributed by Charleen Allen

I made up this cake recipe when we grew so much rhubarb that we had run out of things to do with it! The rhubarb compote can be made with any fruit you have, but you may with to decrease the amount of sugar you add to it (rhubarb is very bitter). Sarah’s Chocolate-Rhubarb Cake Butter and flour to grease the pan 5 sticks of fresh rhubarb (aprox) ½ C water 1/3 C sugar 200g chocolate (use milk or dark – I used 100g of each) ¼ C butter 1 ½ C flour 1/3 C coco 1 tsp baking powder ½ tsp salt 1 tsp cinnamon ½ tsp ground cloves ½ tsp ground ginger 1 tsp vanilla 2 eggs, separated 3 TBSP vegetable oil 2 TBSP cold water 2 TBSP brown sugar ½ tsp cream of tartar Heat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4. Grease and flour 8”x8”x2” glass pan. Wash, peel and chop rhubarb. Bring to boil in pan with sugar and water and simmer for 10mins stirring occasionally. Place chocolate and butter in a bowl over the cooking rhubarb to melt, stirring occasionally. Whisk or sieve flour, coco, baking powder, salt and spices in a separate bowl to remove lumps. Set aside. Once chocolate and butter have melted, remove from heat and add vanilla and egg yolks – whisk well with water and oil. Add dry ingredients and mix well, set aside to cool. Add brown sugar to rhubarb and stir. Continue simmering. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until glossy peaks form, set aside. Add ¾ of the rhubarb to chocolate mix – stir well. Set aside to cool (place in the fridge for 5mins if need be). Spread remaining rhubarb in bottom of greased pan. Pour about a cup of the cooled chocolate mix into egg whites – fold in. pour egg whites back into chocolate mix and fold gently until mixed. Pour over rhubarb in pan. Cook for about 45mins or until a tooth pick comes out clean. Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream :)

Contributed by Sarah Joy Blankenship