Visual Encyclopedia

Brain

More posts about this topic

Ad

Also known as a flatworm the planarian are the first animals to develop a neural network (it is not complex like a humans but it gets the job done).

Contributed by Sarah Anderson

Did you know that bright amounts of sunlight can make you sneeze? Me either. Here are the top ten amazing facts about the brain!

Contributed by Janay Whitehead

Unlike the knee slapping injuries we see in cartoons, trauma to the brain in real life is no laughing matter. This NOVA video explains the lasting effects of head injuries. Courtesy of pbs.org www.pbs.org

Contributed by Taylor Jackson

In this video, Jeff Hawkins explains the current problems in understanding how the brain works. He mentions how there is so much data on the brain, but not a general theory that explains it all. He also talks about how this theory will make it easier to produce more efficient and knowledgeable artificial intelligence.

Contributed by Justin Constantino

Pretty neat facts and history about the brain.

Contributed by Danny Trevino

Ahhh finally the illusions explained. Bet it will leave you mind blown...haha get it?!! Mind---cause it has to do with the brain?! NO? Okay I'm done.

Contributed by Araceli Casillas

I am the left brain. I am a scientist. A mathematician. I love the familiar. I categorize. I am accurate. Linear. Analytical. Strategic. I am practical. Always in control. A master of words and language. Realistic. I calculate questions and play with numbers. I am order. I am logic. I know exactly who I am. I am the right brain. I am creativity. A free spirit. I am passion. Yearning. Sensuality. I am the sound of roaring laughter. I am taste. The feeling of sand beneath bare feet. I am movement. Vivid colors. I am the urge to paint on an empty canvas. I am boundless imagination. Art. Poetry. I sense. I feel. I am everything I wanted to be.

Contributed by Caitlin Molloy

FOLLOW DIRECTIONS ON THE VIDEO! It's incredible just how much your mind works and just how amazingly complex it is! Watch, sit back, relax, you won't be disappointed!

Contributed by Araceli Casillas

The human brain is so powerful. Just compare it to the world's fastest computer and you will appreciate your brain a lot more.

Contributed by Derek Lin

Your brain controls everything in your body. But how exactly does it do that? How is all the information processed in your head? This video shows you tricks and illusions to help you better understand it.

Contributed by Aby Rodriguez