Visual Encyclopedia

Book

More posts about this topic

Ad

14 Books to Read Before They Hit the Big Screen!

Contributed by Chelsea Rae

Oh so true.

100 classic books that you need to read before you die!

65 books you need to read in your 20's.

40 Books you won't be able to put down!

Confessions of a Surgeon

Ever wanted to know what going through a surgeons head? This book is amazing and I haven't finished it yet! I'm a pre-med so this book ofcourse is a must read!

Contributed by Anthony Lebario

I don’t understand why more people don’t read. There’s so much wrong with the world today. Crime. Greed. Pollution. Those are just a few things, but books are like an instant vacation. As soon as you open the book, you’re transported to another place and time whether it’s fake or real. In my crime-ridden, gang-infested town, I gladly take that vacation; however, many people in my town don’t read because it’s “boring” or for some other stupid reason. “Far off places, daring sword fights, magic spells, a prince in disguise” is a like from Beauty and the Beast that I think perfectly encapsulates what books can do. Sure not all books are of the same nature, but I think the message still stands. A book can transport you to any given time or place and show you something that maybe the world cannot show you anymore. My best friend moved to SoCal for school and often gets homesick, so she began to read Cannery Row by John Steinbeck to help her feel like home isn’t so far away. Books have amazing powers in my opinion and it makes me sad that more people haven’t discovered their magic.

Contributed by Jordyn Ashleigh Doyle

The Bible.

This book holds every secret to live, it's the foundation of your creation and a book alive in your heart. Whether you acknowledge it or not, the inspired author created every hair on your head, every beat of your heart. How cool is that?!

Contributed by Erin Micale

A great place for book lovers.

Contributed by Corinne Demyanovich

I use goodreads to not only keep track of what books I have read, but also to see what my friends have read, and what types of books I should read in the future. The "Suggestions" section is super helpful when I am bored, but don't know what I want. Also, if you are one for writing reviews, they have a contest to get advanced readers copies of books. Enjoy!

Contributed by Nikki Rose