Visual Encyclopedia

Book

More posts about this topic

Ad

cat and books

Contributed by Dianne Sambajon

vintage pic

Contributed by Dianne Sambajon

Hemmingway once said to "Write drunk. Edit sober." It's so true. The only people that tell the truth are drunk people or children. And since kids can't be best selling authors, go with being drunk. Being drunk causes the world around you to change and that's exactly what a book is to do to someone. A book is supposed to alter our reality, change our perception, and help us realize a forgotten truth. I'm not condoning underage drinking, or excessive drinking, or being an alcoholic. I'm just saying- If you want to be a great author it might help to get drunk at first and see what happens. See what you get to work with from your subconscious. That's where all the great mysterious lie.

Contributed by Abbi McMahon

I read all of these and they are so inspirational.

Contributed by Jazmin Luna

Bookbinding Tutorial

Contributed by Jazmin Luna

Reading grants me an escape button to this alternate world and enter a realm where I can visualize the climax of the story, as I find myself hard to place that bookmark in the book and close it which in turn closes my alternate world. Reading allows me to live in a different society where," The people who govern the Brave New World may not be sane: but they are not madmen, and their aim is not anarchy but social stability"-Aldous Huxley.

Contributed by Veronika Tezz

I read this and I loved it.

Contributed by Leticia Morales

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. –Author Unknown

Contributed by Nicole Ford

This would be the best kind of library to have! Life would be interesting in the process of reading them all, but it would take forever to finish all of them! Just looking at this picture makes me want to just go read a book.

Contributed by Sarah Sams

Most everyone enjoys reading, but do you enjoy it a little too much? Here's a sign you're addicted to reading--or perhaps just addicted to books in general. I LOVE the Arthur picture. "Having fun isn't hard when you've got a library card." And yes, I sang that when I got my first library card. Not going to lie. And I'm not ashamed.

Contributed by Sammo Lea