Visual Encyclopedia

Bible

More posts about this topic

Ad

“Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” they replied, “Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Simon Peter said in reply, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Jesus said to him in reply, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven.Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

Contributed by Tyler Sanford

Jake and Hugo take a look at what the bible has to say about abortion

Contributed by Alicia Kimberly Hauskins

"In the Beginning, God..." Jake and Hugo, two Atheists, begin their Biblical journey in the Old Testament, the Book of Genesis...

Contributed by Alicia Kimberly Hauskins

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Contributed by Ashley Santos

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beleiveth in him will not perish but have everlasting life. -John 3:16 He loves you so much that even if you were the only one left on this planet he would've still sent his son to die for you. The depths of his love for you are unfathomable to the human mind . His love for us is so vast it transcends time and space. It has no limits or stipulations, his love is unconditional. You don't deserve it and you could never earn it but it is yours if you choose to accept it. His love never fails you, it never gives up or runs out on you. How amazing is that!

The Bible is God's written instruction manual. It is the place we can go to when we need answers, when we need guidance or strength. The bible is amazing that even though it was written so many years ago it is still relevant today. It was written for our time and our place and our mess because God already knew way back when what we were going to get ourselves into so he wrote down his advice, laced with encouragement and provided us with a way out. All we have to do is take it and begin following his instructions.

Many are a plans of the man's heart, but the lord's purpose always prevails

Contributed by Kelly MacMillan

“Behold, they brought to Jesus a paralyzed man lying on a bed, and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the paralytic, ‘Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven.’ ” (Matthew 9:2) 'Be of good cheer' here means to have courage, confidence, or boldness. Jesus instruct the paralytic to have confidence before being forgiven because it takes courage to receive forgiveness. (Hebrews 4:16) “come BOLDLY to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace…” As we obtain grace, we must give grace. As we experience forgiveness, we must give forgiveness to others! Forgiveness by Matthew West: It’ll clear the bitterness away It can even set a prisoner free There is no end to what it’s power can do So, let it go and be amazed By what you see through eyes of grace The prisoner that it really frees is you That's freeing to know! (resource: CCM website)

Contributed by Brittany Jones

It's a bit long but super interesting! Enjoy!

Contributed by Ameala Allen

I was once told by my leaders that the old testament is the new testament concealed and the new testament is the old testament revealed. This is why you'll see teachers like, Apostle Paul and Even Jesus himself, quote scriptures written by Jerimiah and Moses. This is also why even though it may take anywhere from the next hour to the next thousand years or so, it is vital to take into consideration all of the scripture. Truth is inevitable and Prophecy is Timeless

Contributed by Aamos Moore