Visual Encyclopedia

Basketball

More posts about this topic

Ad

Dr. James Naismith created basketball in December of 1891 as a way to keep his gym class active on a rainy day. He wrote the basic rules and nailed a peach basket onto a 10-foot elevated track.

Contributed by Kasha Leitzinger

Need a laugh?? Watch this. Just mute the music and put on some party music because this is HILARIOUS!

Contributed by Vanessa Lam

Great Basketball Shooting Drills

Contributed by Sara Cornett

Basketball is the sport I grew up playing. I gained many life long friends who will forever be in my heart. The game is what brought us all together and what we bonded over. Late practices and pushing each other to the best we can be. We all loved it and we still do today. It's our senior year and we are all out for the same thing: a region championship and even better a state championship.

Contributed by Courtney Ashworth

High school basketball was fun, and though I could have played college, I chose not to move out of state....I love that game.

Contributed by Paul Settle

5'3" Muggsy Bogues guarding Michael Jordan

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, It's the size of the fight in the dog." -Allen Iverson Muggsy beat all odds and made history by being the shortest player to ever play in the NBA.

Contributed by Paul Settle

basketball is a great sport. it requires teamwork, hardwork and dedication.

Contributed by Joe Bamfo

James Naismith, a teacher at a YMCA in Springfield, Massachusetts, is credited with inventing basketball in 1891.

Contributed by Malik Heyliger

I uploaded this video because I love playing basketball ans also to show people that you don't have to have perfect abilities to play something you love.

Contributed by Latesha Jackson

I always doubt myself, saying, "you have to be extremely good at basketball to play for college." But when I go play against people and school them left and right, it boosts my confidence and I believe that I can play college ball. Although, my evil conscience creeps back inside my thoughts and puts me down.

Contributed by Agnel Etienne