Visual Encyclopedia

Artist

More posts about this topic

Ad

French artist Larisa Ilieva

I love the beautiful colors and combination of control and chaos in this artist's work!

Contributed by Kathryn Vercillo

An artist at work

American artist Ross Bleckner Learn more: www.sfgirlbybay.com

Simple collages by artist Alexandra Ethell

Artist: Katarzyna Niwinska

Katarzyna describes her work by saying, “The key for me, is the best show of the subject or object. Each captured image is my pride, so I put on the highest quality work.” More info: artistaday.com

Artist: Chie Yoshii

Artist a Day says: Chie describes her work by saying, “I am inspired by the analogy between mythological tales and the human psychology. In my paintings, layers of allegorical images create syncretic, dreamlike worlds. A profusion of symbols forces the representational images to be abstract as a whole, allowing the viewers to create their own personal interpretations.” artistaday.com

Artist: Cecilia Carlstedt

The Jealous Curator says: "good heavens. so beautiful. this is the dreamy, washy, sexy work of stockholm based artist cecilia carlstedt. she does stunning personal work, but she also has quite the list of clients: h&m, paul smith, victoria secret, elle, vogue, new york times and w magazine, to name a few." Source: www.sfgirlbybay.com

Portuguese artist, Vik Muniz.

Contributed by Emma Childress

Artist: Taryn Coulson

Taryn Coulson is a graduate from the Studio Arts Program at the University of Guelph, Ontario with an Honors Bachelor of Arts Degree.

Artist: Stephen Thorpe

ArtistADay says: "Stephen’s work begins with the intention of representing space. Drawn from childhood memories and visited places, the paintings are a meeting place for an array of visual imagery, acting as mirrors designed to unsettle one’s own sense of perceived reality, all generating a sense of displacement." artistaday.com

Artist: Miss Aniela

Artist a Day says, "Miss Aniela was born in Leeds, 1986, and studied BA English & Media at University of Sussex. Her career as an artist began whilst still at University, and shortly following, was sought to speak in the US for Microsoft and offered solo shows in London and Madrid. She is now a fine-art and commercial photographer based in London."