Visual Encyclopedia

Art

More posts about this topic

Ad

Zim and Zhou created this almost video-game like BBQ paraphernalia out of paper. I love the style of it. Almost like animation.

Contributed by Empriś Durden

Joris Juipers created this heavenly art. This is what I wish my dream bubbles appeared as.

I want to live in this sandcastle created by Calvin Seibert.

This is a great exercise for all artists. I find the process of him drawing the card beautiful as well. It gives me a strange feeling of satisfaction to see the delicate paint and dark lines.

I love 3D art!

Contributed by Nicole Evans

An art project called the "Human Printer" has artists going through the same process as our printers do. For more information: www.thehumanprinter.org

Contributed by Margret Stewart

IA Vocaloid --------------------------- Credit To: からば子 ----------------------------- Source: www.pixiv.net

Contributed by Armand Ventura

What it must feel to be in a mud bath...

Contributed by Marvic Adoptante

Renaissance art was characterized by expression, classicism, perspective, and perfection of the human body. This was expressed in the works of artists like Michelangelo and Raphael. This art form originating in Italy emphasized classicism and showed the effort to return to the Greco-Roman culture and style as represented by the Birth of Venus by Botticelli. The omnipresent church was also a key feature in Renaissance art. The frescos of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and the various sculptures of David are a clear reflection of the focus on the church as they represent biblical stories. However, these very representations of the church illustrate a change in what was accepted by the church and new challenges to its practices. The two sculptures of David shared both show a nude figure thereby illustrating the perfection in the human body and a challenge to what was previously accepted. Furthermore, while other patterns can be seen in the art shared, a significant characteristic of renaissance art is the use of perspective. Perspective allowed the illustration of portraits that appeared to be three-dimensional. A famous representation of perspective is Raphael’s School of Athens, in which the picture appears to be emerging from a single point.

Contributed by Jazz DK

The Crevasse - Making of 3D Street Art

Contributed by Aileen Chang