Visual Encyclopedia

Art

More posts about this topic

Ad

Here's a great funny cartoon my professor showed in Contemporary Art after we learned about famed art critic Clement Greenberg. He was a pompous jerk who had strong opinions on what constituted art, but he had a point (at the time at least). Traditional art was something that had been done before, and as something easy to understand, could then be used as a tool by folks like the Nazis for propaganda. Greenberg admired Modernism--y'know, like Jackson Pollock and his drips or Picasso and his Cubism. He believed that was the new, better way for art to go, and that all that came before was "kitsch."

Contributed by Bridget LaMonica

NOT a Photograph!

This amazing artist,Yasin Hasanian, designed one of the most photorealistic 3D renderings on the web! Every little detail that you see is not real and was created through incredible digital art skills!

Contributed by Vanessa Lam

Photo of beautiful art display!

I love the way that the art is displayed in this home! Source: design-milk.com

Contributed by Kathryn Vercillo

In 2005 a blind experiment was conducted in which artists and an art historian couldn’t differentiate between modern art masterpieces and works by 4-year-olds. An artist described one of the children’s pieces as “a competent execution of abstract expressionism.” Here is Willem de Kooning’s “A tree in Naples” which is mentioned in the article.

Contributed by Christina Elder

Les Ramsay Multimedia Art

Hang Ten / Hot Yoga, paper, plaster, and dry pigment on yoga mat, 16” x 20”, 2013 Via: lesramsay.tumblr.com

Vik Muniz is celebrated for his photographs of everyday materials, which have been arranged to reveal provocative and delightfully unexpected images when viewed from a distance.

Contributed by Emma Childress

This home featured in the new issue of covet garden showcases a nice way to display a collection of art on the wall. Source: www.sfgirlbybay.com

The things you find on deviantart.com

Contributed by Joseph Perry

Very Unique and Hairy Fun!!!

Contributed by Asiah Smith

Autumn's Jug

A Still Life that I drew! ^_^ Asiah P. Smith :)

Contributed by Asiah Smith