Visual Encyclopedia

Animal

More posts about this topic

Ad

The difference between a horse and a pony is the size. Equine animals are measured from their withers down. Horses and ponies are measured in hands. Each hand is the equivalent to 4 inches, which is the approximate size of a grown man's hand. Technically, a horse has to be 14.2hh or higher when they're full grown to be considered a horse. Anything below that is a pony.

Contributed by Holly Anderson Wilson

Before throwing out empty plastic bags make sure the bottoms are cut open all the way. Before throwing out the rings soda cans come in cut them. Trash is found in the ocean all the time! Save a few animals from getting tangled in it.

Contributed by Courtney Walsh

There is much debate in whether the Goldfish has a stomach or not. I was watching the TV show Tanked and they stated Goldfish do not have a stomach, which is why they need to be fed often. What do you think?

I believe the title says it all! Donate and help this wonderful organization save endangered animals from extinction !

to heal broken bones.....yup.

Contributed by Annastacia Anderson

the answer? watch the first few seconds to find out!

Contributed by Annastacia Anderson

--Elephants can smell water up to 3 miles away. They are also one of the three mammals that undergo menopause – the other two being humpback whales and human females. --Ostriches can run faster than horses, and the male ostriches can roar like lions!! --Beavers’ teeth never stop growing, they must constantly gnaw on objects to keep them at a manageable length. Their teeth would eventually grow into their brain if they didn’t maintain them.

Contributed by Cristian Torres

This leopard nudged the mouse multiple times to get it away from his food, but the mouse took no notice and just kept on eating. I find this to be rather neat. www.worldculturepictorial.com/blog/content/tiny-vs-mighty-hungry-african-leopard-nudges-intrude/

Contributed by Keri Potter

A whale and a human very close to touching. Really shows how massive whales can be. I like that the human is in the whale's environment and the whale is perfectly fine with that. I bet you won't find many humans okay with small creatures they're don't know being in their space.

Contributed by Keri Potter