Ad

Holly Dog

"Stare into my soul! Give me the steak!"

Contributed by Karen Milich

CHICKS

A.P biology class chicks :)

Contributed by Ashlee Holland

Cats appearently domesticated themselves

As it is cats came to us first rather than humans going to cats first. Over time cats came closer and began to eat rodents in human households and slowly began to like there. Unlike dogs of which we took there young and raised them cats just started to live with us. Pretty cool that they came to us. I think you would be hard to ask a cat to catch something for us, they don't seem keen to learning tricks

Contributed by Tomias Scott

A mule and a hinny are both crosses between a horse and donkey. There is a difference though. A mule is actually the result of crossing a female horse (Mare) with a jack ( male donkey). A hinny is the result of crossing a Jenny ( female donkey) with a male horse (stallion).

Contributed by Sarah Dell Mann

Pink dolphins are a rare species of fresh water dolphins. They're the largest fresh water dolphins and normally are colored pink. They were my sisters favorite animal and it was her dream to see them in the amazon before she passed away. They are an endangered species that need to be protected.

Contributed by Rodrigo Salinas

FINGER MONKIES ARE ADORABLE!

Contributed by Machaela Graddy

This is my favorite video of all time.

Contributed by Jessica Kalmazu Stimely

Interspecies

"Owen, a baby hippopotamus that survived the Indian Ocean tsunami, adopted a giant male Aldabran tortoise as its “mother” in 2005. Wildlife rangers rescued the hippopotamus after he was swept into the Indian Ocean and then forced back to shore when tsunami waves hit the Kenyan coast. Separated from his mother, Owen and the tortoise have been together for at least a year at the Mombasa Haller Park in Mombasa, Kenya."

Contributed by Kelsi Rothfuss

Incredible

This is a picture of a baby dolphin still in the womb. Before it is even born, the baby is learning to swim!! The following is from the article: "Program makers also reveal the moment at eight weeks when a baby dolphin learns to swim while in the womb. During the next few weeks, it develops flippers, a tail and a blowhole before being born after a year, and must be able to quickly swim to the surface to take its first breath of air. Experts also found that at 24 days, the dolphin embryo develops tiny leg-like buds, which then disappear over the next two weeks. After 11 weeks, the dolphin embryo's fins display bone structures resembling human hands, which experts believe may show that dolphin ancestors were land dwellers."

Unlikely Friends

Living on a farm I've come to realize animals can be friends all shapes and sizes!