Visual Encyclopedia


An anesthesiologist (American English) or anaesthetist (British English) is a physician trained in anesthesia and perioperative medicine.

Terminology varies between countries. In the United States, the term anesthesiologist refers to a physician who has completed medical school training and an accredited anesthesiology residency program. In contrast, in the UK and Europe generally, and in most of the former commonwealth countries, the word anaesthetist is used to refer only to the doctors, while their assistants may be termed anaesthetic nurses, anaesthetic technicians, operating department practitioners or physician associates, depending on local practice.

The description above is licensed from Wikipedia under the Creative Commons license.

Add an image or video to this topic

No signin required




Best posts about this topic

Loading . . .


Anesthesiologists used to have to manually pump the bag in order to assist the patient in breathing... How tiring!!

Contributed by Shihan Huang

What is Sussle?

Sussle is the first, open visual encyclopedia. Anyone can use it.

What's a visual encylopedia?

It has beautiful images and viral videos that are way more fun than reading all the text in traditional encyclopedias.

5 reasons you should add your own images and videos:

  1. If you found Sussle interesting, then give back by adding something interesting for others.
  2. Help others learn in a fun way.
  3. Make someone else interested in this topic laugh or say wow!
  4. Become internet-famous as people like and share your post.
  5. It's super easy, so it won't take more than a minute.

Ready to start?

Just click on the red module above.