Visual Encyclopedia

1990s

More posts about this topic

Ad

I remember my sister on this at all times before cell phones were around!

Contributed by Thomas James Pierce

Anyone else remember when gas prices were this low? Now that I drive I realize how expensive it is now. Good lord.

Contributed by Courtney Walsh

Don't forget about bandannas. They were big in the 90's too, especially in bright colors. If you could figure out to to wear one as a shirt, that was even better.

Contributed by Kandi Smith

Tattoo necklaces. Who had one? These were all the rage in the 90's. All the girls at my school had them. Who were we kidding, no grade school child has a neon neck tattoo, but we all wore them anyway.

Remember butterfly clips? These were a fashion staple of the 90's. Bright colors for a more casual look, but they were also used for formal events like prom. I remember having special glittered ones for a friends wedding.

90's fashion trend, Denim. Denim jackets, high waist Denim pants, overalls, hats, and anything made from denim. Have you noticed the current trends in Denim, denim vests are popping up everywhere, and so have chambray tops which have a denim look to them. Youtube celebrity and stylist Michelle Phan recommends experimenting with Denim on Denim outfits. Though the current trends are much more subtle than those trends from the 90's, this blast from the past making a come back in the fashion world?

TIME's list of the 100 top toys of all time. 9 of them are from the 1990's, including the furby, which has made a recent comeback. I am surprised that gigga pets didn't make the list.

South Africans vote for political reforms to end apartheid and create a power-sharing multi-racial government.

Contributed by Atrice Alexis

Clarence Thomas was confirmed to the Supreme Court in 1991. "He was selected for a purpose and is doing a phenomenal job as serving as a log jam to any sort of progression. This, paired with the fact that people can say, 'Well, there's a Black on the supreme court and in the White House, what more do you want.' Both facts will keep him firmly planted on the wrong side of history until (if ever) he wakes up." -Ev Callo

Contributed by Atrice Alexis